Position: Engineering Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Engineering, Dotted line to Program Manager
Pay Range: TBD
Download Job Description Here
Powerteq’s engineering technicians perform a critical support role in our organizations’ day-to-day operations. Engineering techs will assist the engineering team by working with customer service on product maintenance, and helping the firmware and calibration teams validate (test) their releases. Employees in this role should be proficient with technology in general and have strong computer skills. Creation of wiring harness or soldering is a major plus. As a support role, from time to time the engineering technicians may be called upon to perform additional tasks as required by their supervisor including fleet maintenance, paperwork, or other administrative duties.
- Primary group responsible for engineering test and validation
- Primary group responsible for execution of engineering work requests
- Primary group responsible for engineering support/ECU Recoveries
- Document test and validation activities through test reports
- Enter problems found during test and validation activities into the Engineering Problem Management System
- Develop product prototypes, harnesses and correlating documentation
- Review and verify engineering specifications and information releases for technical accuracy
- Provide, maintain and research technical information as needed by engineering
- Participate in all phases of product lifecycle management
- Responsible to represent the company from a product and technical perspective
- Minimum degree requirement of an AS degree or a minimum of 1 year of technical support experience and 2 years of experience in vehicle electronics testing, validation or installation
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technical areas of vehicle aftermarket electronics installation
- Proven ability to conduct methodical problem solving such as Lean Six Sigma DMAIC processes
- Must excel in a collaborative development team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively with staff and customers at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-driven and self-critical to continuously improve
- Preferred degree BSEET or BSCmpE
- Preferred experience with automotive bus communication protocols (CAN, LIN, UART, MOST, Flex-ray, etc.)
- Preferred experience with various test equipment, including DVM, oscilloscope, Automotive Data-bus Analyzers (ADA) and USB protocol analyzers
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- May be required to lift up to 45 lbs.
- May be required to work in non-air conditioned environments
- Engineering or vehicle workshop environment with up to 25% desk work
- Engineering lab work up to 75%
- Field validation activities up to 95%
- Up to 10% Travel may be required